New VCA issues - Website
APMB2007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there,

Like many people on this board, I have had repeated issues with VCA in the last month or so. After resolving them (thanks in part to advice on this board) there appears to be a new one.  It is now impossible to log onto the web-based client https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant/ - After logging in I get taken to verizon central instead of the typical VCA site.  There appears to be a link for comunication-home phone but that is only an ad for VCA.  Is there another way to access web-based VCA?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New VCA issues - Website
Justin46
Legend

@APMB2007 wrote:

Interesting.....still not working for me (the redirect continues). Could it really be local issue? FWIW I am in NY, NY.

It still works for me, just used your link again, logged in, and viewed my calls, completely up to date so I know all is working for me. I am of course in Texas, I have no idea where the VCA server (or servers) is/are, but sure it could be "local" in the sense that the server your DNS is pointing to could be different from mine. I am using OpenDNS, using your link I am connecting to 96.7.64.29; what is the IP address you are connecting to? (Interestingly when I do get logged in, I am then connected to 96.7.64.181, different server from the login one)

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

@APMB2007 wrote:

Hi there,

Like many people on this board, I have had repeated issues with VCA in the last month or so. After resolving them (thanks in part to advice on this board) there appears to be a new one.  It is now impossible to log onto the web-based client https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant/ - After logging in I get taken to verizon central instead of the typical VCA site.  There appears to be a link for comunication-home phone but that is only an ad for VCA.  Is there another way to access web-based VCA?

You are using the correct link. I am not aware of any other.

I just clicked on the link you provided and logged in just fine, saw my call list, etc. Where are you located? It might be a local thing, or maybe they were temporarily having an outage at the time you tried to access it and were using a re-direct until it was fixed (it would be nice if they would give you a message though if that is what they are doing). I suggest you try again (and if you would update your profile here to include your location, or include your location in the text of your message, people might be able to help you better).

FWIW, occasionally I do have problems logging on to the VCA site, but if I wait an hour or two I can usually get in ok. I have no idea why it does seem to be so unreliable, but it always does seem to work some time later. And I have the Caller ID on TV service, have had it working for maybe 6-7 months, and it seems to work even when web access to the VCA site is not available - not sure I understand that either.

Keller, TX 76248

APMB2007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Interesting.....still not working for me (the redirect continues). Could it really be local issue? FWIW I am in NY, NY.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@APMB2007 wrote:

It still works for me, just used your link again, logged in, and viewed my calls, completely up to date so I know all is working for me. I am of course in Texas, I have no idea where the VCA server (or servers) is/are, but sure it could be "local" in the sense that the server your DNS is pointing to could be different from mine. I am using OpenDNS, using your link I am connecting to 96.7.64.29; what is the IP address you are connecting to? (Interestingly when I do get logged in, I am then connected to 96.7.64.181, different server from the login one)

Keller, TX 76248

thompa124
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have been having connection issues with VCA also.. In fact the desk top client now refuses to connect and when I tried using my browser, could log in but not hear the messages.

Just talked with Verizon support and they told me to try IE instead of my preferred browser Firefox... and guess what - I could hear my messages...

Allan

0 Likes
mrsdebdav

Cannot connect. Complete rubbish service.

I also have issues with caller ID, and with FIOS tv. Sometimes I get "please press menu" on the TV for the service to load. What's up with that?

I still can't get email voice mail - only notice that a call was made to my home phone line. Even then, the subject line of the email gives the telephone number of the previous (penultimate- look THAT up, Verizon) phone number calling my home.

Caller ID not working at present. I called Verizon and was on hold for way too long so I hung up.

The only thing that works is the internet. The rest of the service is garbage.

Seriously, Cablevision is starting to look better to me.

And they'll pay the disconnect fee.

0 Likes
phinney5350
Contributor - Level 1

All I get is a message saying they are working on it......

0 Likes
rpenman65

I try to login and I get this error:

An error has ocurred: USERID not found. {edited for privacy}
AccountName = {edited for privacy}
Path = 0:1:2:

0 Likes
bobk777

I can no longer login either. The problem started almost 2 months ago when Verizon went to the Single Sign-on to consolidate the login between my Verizon.net and verizon.com accounts.

I can login to both .net and .com but get the error message shown above when trying to login in to VCA.

If I try using my old login, I get a message about a problem occurred, please try again later.

This has been going on for nearly two months now and it is rediculous that Verizon does not fix the problem.

0 Likes
joephila

I try to login and I get this error:

An error has ocurred: USERID not found. {edited for privacy}
AccountName = {edited for privacy}
Path = 0:1:2:

I get the same thing

0 Likes