No Dial Tone
PhoneMikeNJ

HI,

I am using a normal landline phone. Do not have Verizon Fios. Had the same number with my mother my whole life.

A buddy of mine press some wrong buttons on the phone. Trying to flash to another call.  No dial tone since last night. Called Verizon the morning of November 1, 2011 and got that machine help thingy. Did all ine test and even un-plugged all phones from phone jack. Still no luck.

Then again a few times in the past 3 weeks. Had noise on the phone line. No . . . I do not live in a house.

How come a machine doing the work and not a real person on the phone?????

Will check back here in 45 minutes. It is right now 11:44am, Nov. 1, 2011 from New Jersey.

DO NOT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCK BACK AN HOUR SATURDAY NIGHT.

0 Likes
Re: No Dial Tone
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
PhoneMikeNJ,

We are sorry to hear that you are having a dialtone issue.  The problem you seem to be experiencing has nothing to do with buttons pushed on your phone.  The static and noise does explain your no dialtone issue.  If you have a regular land line there should be a green box outside of your home.  This is where the phone wire is connected from inside your home .  Take a phone that is corded outside to that box and plug it into the phone jack inside that box to see if you get dialtone. If you get a dialtone then there is a inside wiring issue.  If you do not get  a dialtone there maybe  a network issue. Please let us know so that we can assist you further if needed.

Thanks,

Tonya D.
0 Likes
PhoneMikeNJ

HI,

I have a tech coming next week. About a week long without landline house phone . . . Wow !!! I do not live in a house. I would not know where to go and test the phone jack that you mentioned. LOL !!

If I find the box you mention here in the building. Think it a good idea to test if I find it. Bet it has a bunch of them boxes you mention where I live.

The phone line been making noise now and then for like 2 or 3 weeks. Then it gone down for sure monday night.

NOTE TO ALL READING THIS POST.............

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

PhoneMIkeNJ,

We will wait for the tech to come out and if you live in an apartment then the field tech will know where to find the outside  equipment and he will take care of the issue.  Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes