No Incoming Calls on my New Verizon FIOS phone
Jahil

Just swicthed my home phone number from Another VOIP base vendor and home TV from Dish to FIOS, after amazing product details and promis of cerdit of 100$ ATM card.

First Issue:

No one in my friends can call me now except those who are already on Verizon Network,  Not acceptable, Tried to call VZ on the phone no luck, Chat agent is not available for this service.

Second Issue:

NO one can tell me in VZ how i will get my credit for switching to FIOS, the number they gave me simply mention that its for new customer and hangup, No sure what needs to be done here.

Posting on this Fourm to see is any one else has the same issue

Ahsan

0 Likes
Re: No Incoming Calls on my New Verizon FIOS phone
RudyG1

As it happens, I switched to Verizon's bundle from Time Warner a few days ago.  I opted to transfer my phone number so I could keep the old one. According to the Verizon order entry process, that number was transferable.  

After a somewhat rocky switch over (that's another story), I found I have the same problem. Incoming calls within the Verizon

network work fine, but callers from outside the Verizon network are told by a recorded message that they've reached a

non working number.

I got a trouble report in via the web, as a human operator was impossible to reach. .... Still waiting for a resolution.

0 Likes
RudyG1

Update:

I got on the tech support chat with a tech support person and after explaining that I had just switched

to Verizon a few days before and the nature of the problem I was having (call from outside Verizon

being told it was a non working number), the tech support person was able to get the problem resolved

while we where still on chat.

0 Likes
Jahil

My issue is still not resolved, Looks like Vounage and FIOS has some issues. People on that service provider still can not call me.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Vonage is notorious for this.   They hold your number active for 30 days in their system after you cancel and port out.  If you're certain the port has completed, call Vonage customer service and tell them you completed the port out procedure but that they are still holding your number active in their database and you need them to release it.   Persist until you get the right person who knows when the above sentence means.   I had to do the same thing to get things to work properly.

0 Likes