No dial tone for phone but DSL is working
Giesenem

We had a bad storm in my area today and my phone went out.  It has been very staticy for weeks now but today there is no dial tone.My dsl works fine.  I've replaced the noise filter and no change.  I've used the test jack outside and no dialtone.  Hopefully I can get help through here since neither me nor my mother have a cell phone so we would have to borrow one to call customer service.

0 Likes
Re: No dial tone for phone but DSL is working
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, Fios TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
Giesenem

I've been through those links and nothing helps.  I want to contact an agent to help me and not that virtual assistant that doesn't work.  All of the help pages are very unhelpful and  I need someone to work with me.  This is the last option that I currently have today since like I said I have no cell phone so I cannot call tech support.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Giesenem,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes