No home phone and no one can find my number
tgills2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I came back from vacation only to find I had no phone service. i contacted Verizon's customer service who said I have no home phone with them. After further research i was told it was ported over to Cox but I didn't do it. They transferred me to tech support , who then transferred me to new account who said I needed customer service (again) that was experiencing waits of 10 mins (again). Finally hung up. Long story short, Verizon said it was ported over to Cox. Cox has no record. No one knows what happened to my number!

0 Likes
Re: No home phone and no one can find my number
Comet2011L4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello tgills2,

I would have to imagine that you contacted Verizon's customer service through a cell phone because you say you do not have a home phone. Is this correct?

I would also have to further deduct, that before vacation you had a home phone that was working. Is this correct?

If you had a home phone that was working before vacation then you must of had a phone bill that came every month. Is this correct?

If you had a phone bill that came every month then you must know the number to your home phone. Is this correct?

If all above are correct, then perhaps you need to evaluate all phone jacks to your home. Look for any damage in the phone jacks. If a phone jack is damaged it might have caused an electrical short which has rendered the telephone service to your home non useable.

See if you can find any damage to your phone jacks or the phone cable leading to your phone box outside your home.

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi tgills2,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

0 Likes