No interrupted dial tone to indicate voice mail messages following system upgrade
crlrdn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Within the last month or so Verizon changed/upgraded my landline (not FIOS) voice mail system from one system to another.

Just this week I realized that there were new messages I didn't know about, because there is no interrupted dial tone when new messages are in the voice mail inbox. The previous/old voice mail system always, always had the interrupted dial tone to indicate new messages.

To try and test, I have signed into the voice mail, listened to messages, cleared them out, signed out of voice mail by pressing the star (*) key rather than hanging up. I cannot find any user option to enable the interrupted dial tone notification. I have called my landline from other phones several times to leave test messages.

Two days ago I called Verzion support to report the issue. The agent mostly seemed to understand the issue, but I didn't get any sense this was a common problem or typical issue with this new voice mail system. A ticket was created with a commitment date of 4pm that same day, but two days later this ticket is still marked as "open." At this point I cannot tell if this issue is being worked, that there is a potential resolution, or what.

I am hoping this is a simple setup issue that can be resolved easily?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No interrupted dial tone to indicate voice mail messages following system upgrade
crlrdn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the voice mail message waiting indicator issue has been fixed. From what I learned there was a switch provisioning issue affecting my setup.

The support team monitoring this case was diligent and via a private support case here in the forum, they figured out what the issue was. Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

Re: No interrupted dial tone to indicate voice mail messages following system upgrade
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello crlrdn,

We were able to resolve your case! Thank you for being so great to work with and if you have any comments, questions, or concerns, you can reach us on Facebook, Twitter, or back here on the forums.

Thanks again,

Rachel_VZ

crlrdn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the voice mail message waiting indicator issue has been fixed. From what I learned there was a switch provisioning issue affecting my setup.

The support team monitoring this case was diligent and via a private support case here in the forum, they figured out what the issue was. Thank you so much.