No phone or High Speed Internet for 9 weeks
wcnyc

I was told that we had an outage in Lower Manhattan that affected many residents on 9/7/2011 due to heavy rain. From those residents in our apt. that I have spoken with, they had their service restored on 10/8/2011.

I've contacted tech support, however they are saying that it will be another 3.5 weeks for the "construction" to be completed. I believe it may be another issue outside of that "construction". I suggested to the rep. to schedule someone to come by and take a look however the rep. said that was not possible until after the "construction". The "construction" had a tentative date of completion on 10/11/2011, but the rep. said he was informed that it will be another month.

If I wait for more than 2 months and the issue is still not resolved, are they going to add another month? In the meantime I've been paying my phone and High Speed Internet bill as requested by the Verizon rep.

0 Likes
Re: No phone or High Speed Internet for 9 weeks
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Wcnyc,

I would like to look into this for you further and have sent you a private message.  Please respond when you are available.

Thanks

0 Likes
wcnyc

It has been more than 60 days and we still have not had our phone or internet restored. The customer service reps have been courteous as I have been. The only thing the reps can do is to continuously extend the repair date to a later date stating that Verizon engineers are working on the issue. The date of repair has changed 4 times and will for a 5th time after 11/5/2011, the latest deadline to pass. I don't know what else I can do or who else to call.

0 Likes
wcnyc

I was informed by an agent (I didn't get his name or number) that a field tech would be here today 11/7/2011, but unfortunately nobody came. I called customer service and they gave me a new date of resolution by 11/12/2011. What's the longest time that anyone reading this has been without service?

0 Likes