No service whenever power goes out.
s278

Everytime the power goes out I have no dial tone (like last night). This has been the case for over a year. The problem is the backup batteries in the switch that services me  are dead ( was told this by a technician).  This is unaccetable. If the power is out and someone needs 911 they are **bleep**. Please address ASAP. 

0 Likes
Re: No service whenever power goes out.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Buy a battery.  There cheap enough.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.  If you to talk to Verizon support, you need to contact them by phone or chat.  Here's the Verizon "contact us" link from the bottom of this page:

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/contact-us/index.htm

If you have copper phone service, you need to contact Verizon to fix their equipment.  You might also want to reach out to your state's regulators.

If you have FiOS service, you are responsible for power backup of the ONT installed at your premise.  In that case, follow TNS_2's advice and buy a new battery.  You can find them online or at a local big box hardware store for a fair price.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

When you accepted your terms of service it states the customer is responsible for the back up battery. Here is the website to get a new battery. https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayProducts?LOBCode=C&PromoTCode=A0760&PromoS...

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

use cell phone call 911, every one has cell phone

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If this is for FiOS, replace the battery for the ONT's BBU. Otherwise, if this is for Copper service Verizon is obligated to keep that running due to regulations. If they will not fix the backup power then get your local regulators involved. They can compel Verizon to repair or replace the defective equipment at any cost.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am unaware of a battery backup even existing at a customer site for Copper Service.

I am curious however if someone still not on FDV but on one of the older services such as Verizon Freedom would be covered by regulations that require them to give you batteries.

0 Likes
sharonfarrell

My bundle goes out during the day for a couple hours and then it's on again Verizon is the worst. They should at least not charge you for that time and God Forbid you have just this alloted time to have to use your computer or phone or want  to watch TV. It is just too bad I really hate the way the top dogs run Verizon really un -American.If we had this much trouble with a refrigerator Sears would take it back not force you to ge the same brand over and over and not be able to change the brand of the refrigerator that is a lemon.Can you imagine Sears replacing you with the same defective product 8 times?LOL Ive had 8 cell phnes that have almot killed me on the Freeway with the VZ Navigation system.LOL {please keep it relevant}

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@sharonfarrell wrote:

My bundle goes out during the day for a couple hours and then it's on again Verizon is the worst. They should at least not charge you for that time and God Forbid you have just this alloted time to have to use your computer or phone or want  to watch TV. It is just too bad I really hate the way the top dogs run Verizon really un -American.If we had this much trouble with a refrigerator Sears would take it back not force you to ge the same brand over and over and not be able to change the brand of the refrigerator that is a lemon.Can you imagine Sears replacing you with the same defective product 8 times?LOL Ive had 8 cell phnes that have almot killed me on the Freeway with the VZ Navigation system.LOL {please keep it relevant}

I think that you are shameless for plugging your book on this site. Please refrain from doing so.

0 Likes