No way to report an outage online!!!!!
ChihuahuaValley
Enthusiast - Level 2

This statement on the Verizon site is false.

"If Verizon Troubleshooter is not able to fix your issue, you will be prompted to open a repair request online."  There is no option to request a repair online.  The Troubleshooter runs and then nothing happens.  Like most things at Verizon its a dead end.

Re: No way to report an outage online!!!!!
ChihuahuaValley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Via this forum I get a canned response to my post from a VERIZON "support" person as follows:

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.  Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Did as requested and there is no agent waiting to exchange information.  Through another method was able to fill out a contact form which returned the following:

Thank you for submitting your information.

We appreciate your business and we will contact you within the next business day to work through your concern.

The Help Network

Since this is a Friday I presume the next business day will be Monday.  Meanwhile this valley of 200 residents without cell phone access will have been without landline phone service for over 72 hours.  Is anyone at VERIZON listening and communicating??????

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@ChihuahuaValley wrote:

... this valley of 200 residents without cell phone access will have been without landline phone service for over 72 hours ...

I'm not familiar with your locale, but if your have no mobile or landline phone service, you're not entirely out of luck.  For example, since you're posting here you do have an Internet connection.

You might want to just get a free Skype account and make your emergency calls from there should a problem arise over the weekend.  It takes only a few minutes to set up Skype, and it will keep you connected in extremis until Monday rolls around.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ChihuahuaValley,

Please keep all correspondence concerning your issue in the support case that has been opened.  The Support Agents who will be assisting you will be looking for your responses there.  If you were unable to find the link to your support case on your profile page, please try again - sometimes it takes a short while for the page to update.

0 Likes
Webfeet
Enthusiast - Level 2

same problem. No way to report an outage.  This is unacceptable.  There are other options for phone service if Verizon doesn't want my business.

0 Likes