Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Noises while I make calls
Sean_Integra

When I call someone or receive calls for some reason all of a sudden there's a humming/buzzing noise in the background and it wont go away. I asked a few friends and they said that someone may be splitting my landline to get free calls but id rather ask the professionals first.

Thanks

~Sean~

0 Likes
Re: Noises while I make calls
ohpoleez
Contributor

Hi, sounds more like you have a short on the line. Is it on all phones and all calls?  If it is a short it could be caused by many things..  one of your phones, your inside wiring or on the outside phone lines.

Your best bet at narrowing it down is to call 888-553-1555 option 2 and let tech support run some tests.

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor

Hello Sean_Integra,

Do you have copper service or fios.  If it is fios you could send me a private message with your telephone number and I could run some tests on your line to try and determine what is causing your issue.  Thanks

0 Likes
Sean_Integra

Im not sure which one it is let alone what those are lol sorry. How would i find out?

0 Likes
Sean_Integra

Oh nevermind i googled it and i actually have a copper sorry. im just going to call up that number thanks guys

0 Likes