Not Receiving Calls From Area Code 212
congers1

Just recently I had FIOS (triple play) installed, kept my same phone number. Since then callers from the 212 area code said they were unable to reach my telephone #. These were two different doctor offices so it doesn't sound like they dialed the wrong number. They tried several times. Unfortunately I did not ask what they received when they dialed my home number. This only started after the FIOS install and the conversion of phone to FIOS.

My caller ID does not show any 212 numbers received. Other calls from same and different area codes are coming through. I also called using my cell phones and there's no problems. 

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not Receiving Calls From Area Code 212
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Congers,

Judging by the information given it appears that the two numbers in question may need to report it to their phone company.  They may not be properly routing the call out of their internal network and trying to still deliver it to your old provider.  You stated you are getting calls from the 212 area code on land line and cell phones and did not have any caller ID from the people in question.

I would like to get a little more information so I might help direct you to a solution but will need more details.  Please refer to the private message I have sent you to assist further.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Not Receiving Calls From Area Code 212
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Congers,

Judging by the information given it appears that the two numbers in question may need to report it to their phone company.  They may not be properly routing the call out of their internal network and trying to still deliver it to your old provider.  You stated you are getting calls from the 212 area code on land line and cell phones and did not have any caller ID from the people in question.

I would like to get a little more information so I might help direct you to a solution but will need more details.  Please refer to the private message I have sent you to assist further.

Thank you

0 Likes