Nunber of Phones that can be connected ??
kenworth2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello all,

How many phones could be connected to the verizon FIOS box (same phone #)?

We have 5 connected to "copper" now.

Thanks....Ken

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nunber of Phones that can be connected ??
prisaz
Legend

I think 5 is about the limit. I found this specification for the ONT 611. I would imagine the others are about the same.

Provides balanced 5 REN ringing. So it depends on the REN requirements of the attached device. Most newer style phones take less than 1. If you need more, I would consider cordless phones and at least 2 or more hardwired phones incase of power loss. The cordless phones have batteries, but base stations do not. Maybe some do, but mine does not.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

are you talking about literal and physical phone sets, or do you mean phone numbers  

like 555-1234 and 555-1212, and 555-9876?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I think 5 is about the limit. I found this specification for the ONT 611. I would imagine the others are about the same.

Provides balanced 5 REN ringing. So it depends on the REN requirements of the attached device. Most newer style phones take less than 1. If you need more, I would consider cordless phones and at least 2 or more hardwired phones incase of power loss. The cordless phones have batteries, but base stations do not. Maybe some do, but mine does not.

0 Likes
kenworth2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks...got the answer and yes...actual phones....same #

0 Likes
MrKenmore

If you have old phones (WE 500 sets) you may have problems.  My ONT can just about ring one WE 500.   I called them about this and they said it is within their parameters which is wrong of course.  I am only asking for 5 REN which is what they have been providing for decades.

0 Likes