OUTAGE??
nystek

Is there an outage in Northeastern NY?  I live in Morrisonville, which is outside of plattsburgh.  I have no dialtone, cannot make or ceceive calls.  Cannot find any information on the web at all.  It is very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: OUTAGE??
L3thal
I'm in northern NJ and I have the same issue. Cannot make or receive calls, my phone is telling me that "line is in use" when it isn't, and my DSL Internet is not working either. This started a few hours ago.
0 Likes
oronokat

I live in Western NY and have the same problem. Sat. morning woke up with no phone and now it is Tuesday and still no phone. Would be nice if they posted outage situations on their website. Many people around our area lost phone service on Sat. Could it have been the solar flare from Fri..? I don't know, but it would be nice if they posted on this site. Would also be nice to talk to a person and not an automated voice.

0 Likes
TSlothrop1

I'm in Westchester/Yonkers NY and also have no phone--no dial tone, just loud static. The DSL connection has been off and on--it's working pretty much OK now. We got a lot of rain, which may be the problem. My wife can't get through to Support on her office phone, and on the Web, Verizon won't let you file a service request without going through their automated troubleshooter routines. All of these just hang.

I agree that if there's an outage, they should post it. But as Ma Bell used to say, "We don't care. We don't have to. We're the phone company."   

0 Likes