One of your customers has created a situation for me
Bunni1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I've already reported part of this issue to Verizon, but apparently it's not over.  It started several weeks ago when I began receiving calls for a man who is not at my number.  I've had this number for several months now, and haven't had any issues.  My carrier also is not Verizon. 

Finally, one caller shared with me that this person he was trying to reach had moved to another state and left my number on a recording as the forwarding number.  He was kind enough to share this guy's number with me.

I did an Internet search and discovered it was a Verizon Landline, so my next call was to Verizon.  They looked through their information and discovered it to be a Fios number.  I spent 2.5 hours on hold with Fios, explained the issue, and the representative said it would be taken care of, but that the message was set to expire by the end of that month anyway.  That was the part reported.

Those calls stopped, so I assumed it was over.  I next got some random text messages from Verizon thanking me for returning equipment.  More of the same I thought.

Now over the past 4 days, I've received 41 calls from {edited for privacy}.  I answered one of these calls as it showed it was from Verizon.  The caller said "hi" and hung up.  I blocked the calls from then on.  I have 10-15 calls all coming in rapid succession alone.  I've gathered that this is a legit number used for debt collection via Verizon, and have also read reports it isn't.  My Call Protect app immediately flagged it.

What I would like is to have my phone number removed from whatever Verizon is doing with it.  This is kinda insane.  I don't wish to spend 2.5 hours on the phone on hold again to report it.  Please, tell me who to contact directly.

0 Likes
Re: One of your customers has created a situation for me
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bunni,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.