Outgoing call not made
WR7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our FIOS on-line call record shows an outgoing call made when no one was home.  In calling that number, heard strange intermittent tones, but not a FAX warble.   Googled the number online and found it was a toll-free business fax line but no other information available.  When I clicked on Call that number, it appeared that nothing happened, but then it showed up as an outgoing call made -- again with no one home!  How is this possible and how can it be avoided?  Definitely strange.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Outgoing call not made
WR7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got the answer from Verizon's excellent Life Chat feature.  The calls (two now) were made by the security system in the home we recently bought.  The previous owner had it installed, but we have not yet renewed the contract with the security company.  Apparently it uses FIOS to "call home" every 10 days at exactly the same time!  Suspect malfunctioning security systems may be responsible for the spurious 911 calls other people have reported. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is possible because you can use the www.verizon.com/fiosvoice to place calls from your computer to any desired number.

0 Likes
WR7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got the answer from Verizon's excellent Life Chat feature.  The calls (two now) were made by the security system in the home we recently bought.  The previous owner had it installed, but we have not yet renewed the contract with the security company.  Apparently it uses FIOS to "call home" every 10 days at exactly the same time!  Suspect malfunctioning security systems may be responsible for the spurious 911 calls other people have reported. 

0 Likes
opmp728

We were out of service from 10/22-(night) to 10/ 25 ( afternoon),, when the line was repaired.

Now last night about 11.30PM (10/27/11 )We got the call from some lady and asking me :Hwo are you, You made the call to my house twice. And she stated our Number and the name. Meanwile WE DID NOT CALL - ANYBODY- and meanwile I was on the phone with her I heard some clicking sound on the other side.This is rediculous--- how is VERIZON -messing-up all the wires and switching them back and fort- ever since they are staring this "famos" FIOS.

THANK YOU- VERIZON- BUT I WILL BE SWITCHING TO---  IOS.

0 Likes