PROBLEMS BEING CONTACTED IN ERROR BY FRAUD DEPARTMENT
suzeeh

I have been contacted no less than 5 times in the past 2 months by Verizon fraud department. When I call back, I'm told I was "contacted in error".  On Friday, 6/2 I received 2 messages telling me to call the fraud department a.s.a.p.  I called immediately and was informed it was a mistake on their part. Saturday, 6/3 I tried to call Iong distance and it wouldn't go through.  Called 6/5 and told (again) nothing wrong with my account.  On 6/10 I received a letter saying to call fraud department...called and was told there were multiple calls to Samoa so they suspended my long distance.  I told them it wasn't me, block the calls and restore my long distance.  Fraud department told me to call today, 6/12 and ask for technical support to "secure my account".   LONG story short, after approx 90 minutes on the phone, again, I was supposedly "contacted in error".   I hung up, tried to call long distance, and nothing...."calls to this area have been blocked."  Called Verizon again and they tell me nothing wrong with my account and I do have long distance.   UGH!!!!!     This is ridiculous!   Still was billed for long distance but cannot use it.   TIRED of "being contacted in error".   Has this happened to anyone else?

0 Likes
Re: PROBLEMS BEING CONTACTED IN ERROR BY FRAUD DEPARTMENT
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi suzeeh,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
PROBLEMS BEING CONTACTED IN ERROR BY FRAUD DEPARTMENT no follow-up by Verizon, no help whatsoever!
suzeeh

I posted on here just over a month ago and have yet to receive any answer or assistance!  LONG story short, I was contacted by Verizon "fraud" department and told there was an issue with my account.  I believe 3-4x in the past year.  EVERY time this has happened I was told it was an error on Verizon's part, yet they still suspended my long distance service and continued to bill me for long distance even though I was unable to use it.   I was contacted via email message and did exactly as instructed.   STILL no resolution, no credit for the money they charged me for long distance.   Even when I tried to call and resolve this, I get a different answer from each person I've talked to.   Also, not my fault but still get an attitude from fraud department.   The last girl I talked to was clueless and no help whatsoever!

0 Likes
Re: PROBLEMS BEING CONTACTED IN ERROR BY FRAUD DEPARTMENT no follow-up by Verizon, no help whatsoeve
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi suzeeh,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes