Phone Hardware Installation and Use?
chilldaddyo

We've had Fios internet alone for about 3 years, and just acquired Fios phone. I expected to get a call/email about installation, and never heard anything. When I logged in to my account, I could see we were getting calls, vmail, etc. I never heard from anyone how the equipment is supposed to work on the house side. (We don't have an existing wall phone jacks.)

It's a little frustrating to have no info, no communication and clarity about the added servce from Verizon, and without an idea of how to access the services we pay for. Has anyone else experienced this lack of commuincation from VZ Fios? Or, have you gotten a landine without pre-existing jacks in your home?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone Hardware Installation and Use?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon won't send anyone out unless absolutely necessary so they probably just activated phone and assumed you had phone jacks. 

Now if you don't have any you will be charged for a tech to come out and run wiring and install a jack. Your best bet is to buy a 3 phone cordless set and you can plug the base phone directly in the ONT. That is the main FiOS box that is probably in your basement. Then you can put the other 2 cordless phones where ever you want and don't need any wiring done. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Phone Hardware Installation and Use?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon won't send anyone out unless absolutely necessary so they probably just activated phone and assumed you had phone jacks. 

Now if you don't have any you will be charged for a tech to come out and run wiring and install a jack. Your best bet is to buy a 3 phone cordless set and you can plug the base phone directly in the ONT. That is the main FiOS box that is probably in your basement. Then you can put the other 2 cordless phones where ever you want and don't need any wiring done. 

0 Likes