Phone continues to display "new voice mail", and the dial tone indicates waiting messages
JMT14
Enthusiast - Level 1

There ARE NO new voice mail messages. I've tried to clear going back in to system from home phone and cell phone but the display and new message dial tone will not clear.

Cannot get thru to tech support on line or via phone. All agents have been busy/not accessible for over an hour.

Re: Phone continues to display "new voice mail", and the dial tone indicates waiting messa
EFCJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem.  Began today without warning.  When I saw light flashing, went in and checked voicemail.  There was a message indicating that voicemail services were to be worked on, but I thought the message said it was a couple of weeks old.  Could be wrong about that.  Have tried everything I can think of.  Cleared out that message.  Called in and left a new message - twice - and then deleted.  Light still flashing along with the pulse dial tone.  Very annoying.  (Just wanted to commiserate with you.) 

0 Likes
Re: Phone continues to display "new voice mail", and the dial tone indicates waiting messa
EFCJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, I've put in a callback request from tech support.  If they call, will post anything useful.

0 Likes
Stevex1

I have the same issue.  Spent an hour on chat and finally got a ticket opened. Verizon closed it as fixed, of course it isn’t.  You cannot delete this message.  The new voicemail platform they moved to is awful, poor interface and lousy service on it.  Makes me want to get rid of Verizon.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes