Phone line is out when it rains
TheIcon

Every time it rains my families phone line goes out until it dries out.  It rained Tuesday with huge downpours and this is now Saturday (5days) and we still have no phone service.  Not only am I paying for a service that isnt being offered but my Verizon phone line is connect to my alarm system which gets triggered when the phone line goes dead.  Nothing like explaining to your child at 4am in the morning there isnt a bad guy breaking into the house its just Verizons phone line. Since my phone line doesnt work my alarm system doesnt work. And we all know it is good practice to not set your alarm during the Christmas season. (Sense the sarcasm)  

So not only am I paying for a phone line I cant use I am paying even more for an alarm system I cant use because Verizon cant seem to fix or isnt willing to at this point.  Im ready to call it quits with Verizon.  

0 Likes
Re: Phone line is out when it rains
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
dtrain11274

have you told them this?  i had the same issue everytime it rained also, after insisting i receive a new box outside my house they came.  replaced it with a newer type of sealed box, and also replaced my battery backup in house since it was being taxed everytime service went out.  this went on for about 6 months...............

0 Likes
TheIcon

Yes I told them this. Well I told the tech that came out this because Verizons automated phone service is crap. I want to talk to a human not have a robot try and call my house.  I have another tech coming out in 2 days to look at it again.  Last guy fixed a small short he thought he found but otherwise he didnt see anything wrong.  He was questioning if the issue is between my house and the main road.

If they cant fix it Id like to know so I can get a service that works and use my alarm which is even more important to me.

If they can fix it then fix it and stop wasting my money.

0 Likes
TheIcon

Thanks Lawrence. However I have tried the links you provided multiple times. The link http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp  If I select ¨no dialtone¨ It begins its diagnosis and reaches 99% then the process begins again. Its gone through this process 8 times in a row now with no conclusion or end to the online diagnosis.  Ive tried calling Verizon and done the on phone diagnosis. It tells me it is unable to determine where the issue is and asked to schedule an appt again.

Ive even attempted to put a bag over the box outside to keep rain from entering. (Should that be the issue even though the previous Tech said this was not) However this doesnt work either nor should I or any other user have to fix Verizons issue by putting a Ziploc back over their phone box.

Im kind of a a loss and I feel Mondays appt is goin to be a repeat of the previous ones.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Thelcon,

Please post back after your next service call to let us know if they were able to resolve this issue for you or not.

0 Likes
TheIcon

Tech came out.  First thing he noticed was the main wire appeared to be a bit dry rotted.  He said there is def something going on outside the house causing the issues.  He told me he rewired something in the box so the alarm bypassed the ¨bad¨ portion of the wire so my alarm will work now. However my phone line is still up and down.  It is calling for rain tonight and tomorrow so that will be the real test if the alarm portion of my issue is fixed. However I still dont have a phone that is any real use to me in the even of an emergency.

Why he didnt replace the phone line I dont understand.  I even suggested going in the attic to help him run the line.  Appears its easier for me to just do it myself then have Verizon deal with it.  Maybe I can get a second job fixing Verizon phone issues 🙂

0 Likes
TheIcon

Had my 3rd tech come out and say they would remedy the prob for good. They installed a fios line from my street to the house.  Well that semi worked. I had a dial tone but it was staticy. Had a 4th tech come out and fiddle with the lines inside and deemed them good. Everythig worked good for 2 days. (because it snowed and was frozen)  Sure enough it rains today and teh snow thaws and once again no dial tone.

To summarize. 

4 techs.

Wires inside the house checked

Wires from the house to the road replaced with Fios.

The issue has to be between the road and the main road does it not? Anyone have any other suggestions. At this point Im done. Im fine with getting another service. Makes no sense to waste my money.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Thelcon

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes