Phone rings every couple of hours no one there
aqhaone

We had a long power outage since the power has come on the phones gives a half a ring and stops. This is going on all hours of the day. What can I do to stop it? I have unplugged most of my phones so I can get some sleep. Anyone have a clue why this is happening?

0 Likes
Re: Phone rings every couple of hours no one there
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
MD20715

I am having the same problem -- a half ring, then no one is there.  Sometimes it really is someone trying to call -- they call back a few minutes later and it comes through fine.  The calls at 4am are really annoying.  I tried the online troubleshooting.  It took me to wanting to test for no dialtone.  But I do have a dial tone.  Any further hints?  I assume this is related to the on-going issues after the long power outage and perhaps continuing Verizon issues related to power outage.  Thanks!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the both of you: Is your service being delivered over the copper network or do you two have your service being delivered by the Fiber Optic network Verizon has (FiOS)? There's many places there could be breakdowns after storms so it's helpful to know this key piece of information.

0 Likes
MD20715

Mine is Fios

0 Likes
aqhaone

I have FIOS.

0 Likes
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem too, also after a two day power outage.  Could it be related to the backup battery?  Verizon needs to resolve this problem, it is extremely annoying.

0 Likes
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've also noticed it seems to happen about 37 minutes after the hour, every 2-4 hours.

0 Likes
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

just spoke with Verizon tech support, and they said it could be that the automated line tester is causing this problem.   If you have this problem, contact Verizon.

0 Likes
Henrysmooth
Enthusiast - Level 2

soooo the phone rings all day with telemarketing bullcrap and I decide to order Do Not Disturb so I dont have to deal with it anymore. Needless to say Im on the DO NOT CALL list...THATS A BIG JOKE IN ITSELF......so not Im ready to kill anyone in my way from being woke upbecause after my service was ordered and set up....its VERIZON themselves that KEEP ON {word filter avoidance} CALLING ME AND HANGING UP ALL {word filter avoidance} DAY LONG!!!!!!! **bleep** is wrong with these **bleep**? I get it..."phone" company, but normally a phone wouldnt ring that much.....theres times mine never rings and I check the dialtone to see if its still working....Lets work WITH the people, Not work them up!

0 Likes