Phone service upgraded without my knowledge
Thorninmyside2
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have residence line measured rate, NO long distance. I noticed I was being charged $6.00 for VLD. I called about it and was told it was a charge for NOT having long distance. They also taxed the no long distance and tacked on administrative charges. I asked them to take it off. The support person did. Today I received a letter from Verizon thanking me for upgrading my phone with a bunch of services. When I called about who did this the support person said the last support person upgraded my phone service after my call about the long distance charge. I feel this is fraud on verizons part allowing their support people to change someone's service without authorization. I'm filing a complaint with the California Public Utilities Commission.
Re: Phone service upgraded without my knowledge
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad we were able to address your concerns with the service, Thorninmyside2. At this time we have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any other questions or concerns about your account please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to assist.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Verizon_Support wrote:

I'm glad we were able to address your concerns with the service, Thorninmyside2. At this time we have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any other questions or concerns about your account please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to assist.

-Adam_VZ

What was the resolution please?

Thorninmyside2
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon restored my service to my original plan and said they would speak to the agent and the agents supervisor. Good thing i had made the call on my cell phone because i had the exact day and time that I had made the call.
0 Likes