Please. Verizon, give us Call Screening
SteelerNation
Enthusiast - Level 3

Even with Nomorobo, I'm getting a dozen calls per day. Nothing is working.  

My last phone service had phone screening, where the caller had to press 1 to allow the call to go through.  

Another system had you record your name, and then the receiver could decide whether they wanted to take the call or not...

PLEASE for the LOVE OF PETE, give us a real tool to shut out these telemarketers.  I'm absolutely SICK of all this. It wastes my time, esp. since I work from home most days.  PLEASE!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Please. Verizon, give us Call Screening
jonjones1
Legend

There was a story on different news sites that stated the chairman of the FCC has said telephone companies must use call authentication before the end of 2019

now it was originally brought up due to cellular spoofed spammer and scammers calling with a false number. Or numbers not owned by the spammer.

you see the phone company makes money on selling phone services to scammers, and it makes money selling its customers blocking services. So there is no real incentive to stop the calls from being sent to you. The phone company will say there is nothing they can do. Remember they are the phone company. There is nothing they want to do.

unless the government inacts policy to say fine Verizon and other phone companies hundreds, thousands, millions of dollars until they actually do something, you will have to combat this problem with what is available.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

There was a story on different news sites that stated the chairman of the FCC has said telephone companies must use call authentication before the end of 2019

now it was originally brought up due to cellular spoofed spammer and scammers calling with a false number. Or numbers not owned by the spammer.

you see the phone company makes money on selling phone services to scammers, and it makes money selling its customers blocking services. So there is no real incentive to stop the calls from being sent to you. The phone company will say there is nothing they can do. Remember they are the phone company. There is nothing they want to do.

unless the government inacts policy to say fine Verizon and other phone companies hundreds, thousands, millions of dollars until they actually do something, you will have to combat this problem with what is available.

0 Likes
SteelerNation
Enthusiast - Level 3

What a sad state of affairs.  Money and Greed and the customer is the one who suffers most.

0 Likes