Porting Landline Limbo
LandlineLimbo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I moved a few days ago to a new apartment just a few blocks away and asked Verizon if I could take my current internet service and most importantly landline number with me. My old building didn't have Fios and neither did my new building. They assured me I could take my phone number with me and establish my current service in my new building. This was not the case and I was bummed to hear I would have to switch to Spectrum. So I called Spectrum and they too assured me I could keep my number. I installed my new (now cable) modem and hook up my computer and phone. The internet and wifi work great but my phone is only able to make outgoing calls, it can not receive them. I am told by Spectrum that this indicates a porting issue which can take a few days for Verizon to release the number. I call Verizon to get a clearer estimate and they now tell me my number is not able to be ported since my move was never completed and is "pending". They said they need my phone number to have a physical hookup to port the number! Now it's just floating limbo and nothing is able to be done with it. I am asking them to cancel my "pending" move and just keep the service at my old apartment (nobody has moved in yet) but they still need to hook up a modem and activate it. Is this for real? Is there no other way to port the number I've had for 15 years that is used as a business number to my new apartment and service provider. I would be THRILLED to stay with Verizon as I prefer them to Spectrum but my building isn't wired for it apparantly? (Phone lines cut for some unfathomable reason) I am truly desperate and any help or advice would be appreciated. I am about to beg my old landlord for access to my old apartment to hook up my phone to allow it to be ported.

0 Likes
Re: Porting Landline Limbo
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LandlineLimbo,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes