Priority Call
72hoya

The Verizon phone User Guide says on p. 22 that by dialing *61 you can set up Priority Call so that you can program a distinctive ring tone for some of your incoming calls/callers.  When I try to do this I get an automated voice telling me the service is unavailable.  What gives?  Or does this fall under the catch-all caveat on p. 1 of the User Guide that "some calling services described in this guide many not be available in your area . . . ."  I live in Northern Virginia and my area code is 703.  This is a very useful feature and I wish I had it.

0 Likes
Re: Priority Call
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is not a free service and not available everywhere.  If you do subscribe to the service then the instructions apply.

0 Likes
72hoya

When I called Verizon last night they were completely flummoxed and were not familiar with it.  They ended up simply telling me that the service was not available to me.

0 Likes
Phone_Guy1

We've been dealing with this issue for many, many months now.  Verizon agents are pretty much useless.  Supposidly dialing *77 should turn off Priority Calling.  Have done this many times and I continue to receive billing for $0.50 per call!  Talked to Verizon who says service is no longer available and they can't take orders (cancellaltions) for services that don't exist.

I went round and round with multiple agents who, at the end of the day, were useless.  It amazes me that Verizon can bill for a service they don't offer!  No one at Verizon can even tell me how to use the service!!!!

After writing to Verizon president I was called by someone from their Executive Escallation Team who is now investigating.

0 Likes