Provisioning Polycom IP550 voip phones on the Verizon network configuring the SIP
James2000k

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to start troubleshooting this issue or know of a contact email address or chat live address. Or has anyone had this issue before on a verizon network

0 Likes
Re: Provisioning Polycom IP550 voip phones on the Verizon network configuring the SIP
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a VoiP provider or a PBX at home capable of supporting the phone? In most cases, for as long as you enter in your VoIP provider's or company's PBX details (Gateway IP address, and perhaps a file server for obtaining configuration and firmware), and if you have to, give the phone a static IP address on your network, you should be able to make a SIP connection pretty effortlessly. The only other things that may stop you are an unforseen issue with how data is transmitted across the Internet or with your modem/router's firewall being set too high.

0 Likes
Re: Provisioning Polycom IP550 voip phones on the Verizon network configuring the SIP
James2000k

Ok thats true i was trying to help out the engineer before he went crazy and I came across the same information with making sure the ip address was set. I havent heard anything yet if we are still running into any issues but i will keep all posted. Thanks for the info

JK

0 Likes