Question on Digital Voice
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

I do not have Digital Voice at this time, but I did have it.  I was told that if I lost internet, that I would not lose my phone.   Two weeks after I had Digital Voice, I lost internet and phone for 6 hours.  I still had TV.  After that, I switched back and never had a problem since.

My contract is up.  I wanted to renew it to maintain my price plan, but was told that since I don't have Digital Voice, I can not renewed my contract..

I have been told that I should not have lost my phone when the internet went down, but at the time, was told that if I lose internet, I lose phone

I have received so many different answers about this, and don't know who to believe.  I prefer to keep what I have and renew my contract, but apparently I can't.  I want to know once and for all, about how the internet affects Digital Voice.  It seems that Verizon wants people to change over, but I was told that if I do, and don't like it, that I won't be able to change back. 

I await a response from Verizon concerning this quiestion.

0 Likes
Re: Question on Digital Voice
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Stevef3NJ

This is a peer support forum. For questions about your services, you need to contact Verizon directly.

0 Likes
Re: Question on Digital Voice
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This sounds more like an issue caused from provisioning getting messed up. The switch to Digital Voice from POTS service over FiOS is supposed to be transparent, and as stated before, should not touch the Internet or TV service. It will take phone service down for a few moments as the transition occurs, but it shouldn't take 5 hours...

0 Likes