Repair and Customer Service Nightmares
bearcountry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a verizon landline in a second home.  Two years ago, it took 4 appointments before anyone actually showed up to install the landline.  To date, the wire are still above ground on the road.  One week ago (7/7/13) I received a call from my home security firm telling me they had lost contact with my unit, probably meaning the phone was out of order.  I called Verizon after a few days on 7/11 to set up a service order.  They were to come on 7/13 between 1:00 and 5:00.  I told them I had no cell coverage at the home so they would not be able to reach me.  They never showed.  I had a friend call on my behalf and was told many things:  they would be there; they had left multiple text messages on my cell phone (which of course I could not receive) and sent multiple e-mails.  At 7:00 p.m. I left the house to go where I could get cell coverage and make a call.  I called an agent and was told the email on file was incorrect; the agent who set up the appt put the letters AT (like @) in my email so my email read xxxxxxx@ATxx.com.  I was told this would be corrected on Sunday.  On Sunday morning (7/14), I again asked a friend to call on my behalf and he was told I would have someone here by 1:00.  To make matters worse, yesterday, the day of the original service, a service person called my cell looking for directions.  I called him back and texted him but once I was back at the house, I could get no incoming cell texts or calls.  I feel Verizon customer service is so very disjointed.  I also believe customer service reps tell you anything to appease you and get you off the phone.  The website is riddled with problems in connecting to a solution.  Just today I got a message that I 'should contact my supervisor".  ARE YOU KIDDING????  I have an existing order at my primary home to install FIOS on 7/26.  I will most likely cancel this order, cancel my cell service when my contract is up and cancel the service at my second home once I secure a viable replacement.  The problem is there is limited service here and Verizon knows this.  I feel very cheated and appauled at the lack of customer care shown.  I don't blame the individuals I spoke with; I blame Verizon management (hardly an appropriate word to use).  I have spent an entire weekend trapped by Verizon with nothing to show for it.  Consumers need to start speaking up and putting lousy companies out of business once and for all.

Re: Repair and Customer Service Nightmares
Snookered2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Love your statement!  I am with you for a call to action 100%!

Landline may be expensive for the company; but, are we not paying

for this service? 

Landline service is still required in numerous areas

and it is more secure than FIOS (still in its infancy).  As stated by

many customers....mobile phones are the most unreliable for

emergencies (gray areas will cause dropped calls to no access). 

For customers who have home security systems, medical systems.

Does it work with FIOS?  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bearcountry,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have not heard back from you on the issue. If any further help is needed please open a new thread.

Josh B

0 Likes