Repair in SE PA
csPI

Wish I could say the same about having a repair problem resolved quickly. Maybe because it is POTS and not FIOS??

The service ( for my Mom in a nursing home) was not turned on as promised on Friday so because the order was shown as completed, it became a repair issue.The commitment to repair the problem was by Saturday at 5PM. I called in the late afternoon and was told that I should never have been told that it would be fixed on Saturday, but that it would definitely be fixed on Sunday. Late on Sunday afternoon, I called again, reaching FIOS repair everytime and being transferred around until  a supervisor in Dallas took pity on  me and stayed on the line until I got someone in Pittsburgh for POTS.  By this time, every time I dialed the number assigned to my mother, I was reaching another resident in the nursing home who was becoming more upset every time she got a call from one of my family members looking for my Mom. I asked to speak to a supervisor, since the rep was using telco lingo (cross connecetd, wrong pair)  and telling me that the number did not belong to my mother. The supervisor told me quite bluntly that it was not going to happen until Monday. On Monday morning a tech went to the nursing home and called me from my Mom's room. He said the line was fixed. Stupidly, I didn't try to call him back on the number, since it came up correctly on my Caller ID. Since my Mom was not there at the time, I waited until after lunch to call and got the same woman that I had been calling all weekend. When I called repair yet again, the supervisor told me that the quickest way to get attention was to call the PA PUC with my complaint, so I did that. Then when I called back to see if the problem was corrected, the supervisor told me that she couldn't talk to me since I had called the PUC and she HUNG UP ON ME. This morning I got a call from the same tech who was there yesterday and he told me that my Mom would be charged for any further work done  to repair the line and that if the problem was on the wrong side of the demarc,(love the use of telco lingo)  it was the responsibility of the nursing home.I told him to forget it, that I would call the nursing home. When I called the nursing home, I asked the receptionist to try my Mom's number just for the heck of it. Magically, she reached my mother's room. When I spoke later to the Maintenance supervisor at the nursing home, he said that they have no involvement with telephones, they are the responsibility of Verizon. So Verizon finally found the problem and fixed it after 5 days. I hope that none of those people have a parent in a nursing home with no link to family or friends and they are treated better than the shabby way that I was treated.

0 Likes