Review of Verizon's Unsatisfactory Customer Service
Jt898989
Enthusiast - Level 1
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION AS TO WHAT THEY ARE SIGNING YOU UP FOR BECAUSE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG, DEALING WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A NIGHTMARE. I believe Verizon uses some very questionable tactics. I had signed up for Fios about 6 months ago. In June, I moved and called a representative to change my service to the new location. Instead of changing my service, they opened a new account for the new address, never disconnected the old address and started double billing me. I realized what had happened the 2nd week of June and called the customer service line to have this corrected. It is now mid July and the issue is still in limbo. I still have not been credit for the invalid charges made to my account and have spent countless hours on the phone (have had to call them at least 10 times each last for over an hour). I also want to add that although most of the people I talked to were very friendly, some were very rude. In addition, I was promised to receive a discount through my company's perks site, which was not done. I also was given and multi-room dvr free for the first year (on a 2 year contract) however the 2nd cable box is standard definition and not a dvr, therefore I am not receiving any benefit and in a year will start being charged for something I don't use. Overall probably the worst customer experience I have ever had. I am strongly considering switching services even with the large termination fee I will receive if i do.
Re: Review of Verizon's Unsatisfactory Customer Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jt898989,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Review of Verizon's Unsatisfactory Customer Service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jt898989,

Glad we were able to get this resolved for you. If you ever need anything else let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes