Severe weather last night- no phone service today
samspade1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Our phone is not working today due to the storms last night. I am wondering how long it will take to reinstate service. I am home alone all day and I am disabled. We do not get cell phone reception in our house. I contacted the online chat, but was repeated advised to call 1-800-verizon despite having informed the representative 3 or 4 times that I have no working telephone. I live in Havertown, PA. Zip 19083.

0 Likes
Re: Severe weather last night- no phone service today
tns
Master - Level 2

hopefully someone from verizon will come along and help you.  But for now try again some of the Verizon "contact us" options again.  Notably try again online chat.  Possibly also the email option, but that is listed as 24 hour response.

samspade1
Enthusiast - Level 1

How would someone know to come out? I have no way of contacting anyone. The chat service and online assistant were useless. There is nowhere to enter free text. If I want to initiate a service request, the earliest date I can request is 9/16/11. I repeat, I am disabled and am home alone all day. I do not get cell phone reception in my house. If I need help shall I send up smoke signals? I am incredibly disappointed in verizon and your lack of compassion or willingness to assist the disabled.

By the way, I did not mean to check "kudos". I was trying to figure out how to indicate "thumbs down".

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Remember people like me are just other customers trying to offer suggestions.  This is a user to user forum.

Online chat should certainly allow you to open up a text discussion with someone at verizon.  And if they cannot fix it, then they should be able to open up a trouble ticket that you can then follow.  Obviously the best way would be if you had some phone that worked, but I can see your problem there.

0 Likes