Simultaneous Ringing
Kayben09

I really like the simultaneous ring on both my home phone and the cell phone.  HOWEVER, when my cell is low on battery or just dead, so is my house phone.  I would like to still be able to get my calls on my home phone even when my cell dies, instead of having it ring once and then go straight to voicemail.  This is a great feature but Verizon must allow the ringing to default back to the single line ring when one of the phones is unavailable, usually the cell.  Great feature needing a fix!

0 Likes
Re: Simultaneous Ringing
Frank_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, this is a great feature but this is how it works.  It forwards the call to the cell phone at the same time as the call on the home phone.  Whichever phone answers first the call is then completed.  If the cell phone is dead and the line goes to voicemail then the call is completed.  Verizon does not have a way of knowing if the cell is dead to stop this feature.  You would have to go to your account and turn this feature off when your cell phone is dead.

Thanks,

Frank_VZ.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree Verizon doesn't presently have this feature, but it might be a great one to add.   I have a good deal of experience with VoIP in a corporate setting and there is a feature setting in some call managers which allows you to indicate a min and max ring time on the secondary numbers.   If a call is answered before "min" amount of time passes (typically only a second or two at most andfrequently only needs to be a few milliseconds), the system considers it a voicemail or out of coverage pickup like happens in the dead cell phone scenario and drops the forward and continues to ring the primary number.   If a call is not answered by "max" amount of time, the system also drops the call to avoid a remote answering system from completing the call before the primary system voicemail picks up.   The latter is not always needed depending on the amount of time which elapses between each system's voicemail picks up.

To the OP, since Verizon would seem to not have this capability today, perhaps you should go over the ideas board and post it as a suggestion and let others here vote on it.

0 Likes
hMad

Why not use "locate me" for this? With this feature you can specify the number of rings.

0 Likes