Small Office fax problem through verizon phone line
MyLeSsAyS

Instead of sitting on the phone for 3 hours I figured I would try this first. I have a small office with Verizon internet and phone. I have one phone line, a credited machine, a computer and a 4 in one print scan fax copy. I was just wondering if anyone knew witch of these devices are supposed to be connected directly to the phone ports. Im having a problem sending out faxes after another employee moved around wires. Please and think you for any help! Or if you suggest me posting this some where else please let me know.

-

Myles Devaney

* your go to for personal assistance *

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Small Office fax problem through verizon phone line
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Wrong place for this question.  This is for suggestions to Verizon for improving services.  You need to either contact Verizon helpline or post in a forum (if you want the community rather than Verizon to deal with the issue keeping in mind that the forum will be peer-to-peer).

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Keyboards, this is the forums site for help with phone.  Was this moved from another location?

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

There is no standard way to determine what is connected directly into the phone line.

Here is my 2 cents though.  Generally a fax machine is connected directly into the VZ Phone Jack and a phone will connect off the fax machine.  The reason for this is in case a fax is being sent or received the fax machine will block the phone port so your landline phone will not interupt the fax transmission.  I'm not sure if the credit card machine does the same with it disconnecting your phone line so credit card transactions don't get interupted when transmitting.  If so then you can plug the credit card machine into the fax and then hang the phone off the credit card machine.  The phone should be the last one in line.

Jim