So very disappointed!
Lillysmom3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am seriously appalled at our recent customer service witih Verizon.   We called on 8/27/2018 to move phone service from the family home of 20+ years to a new home 18 miles away.  We were told a tech would have to turn on service onsite at the new house but the first available date for the install would be 9/7/2018 and he would be able to add an additional phone jack at that time.  9/7/2018 came and we waited 6 hours for the tech and no one showed up. Placed a call to Verizon customer service and after 2 hours on hold I finally was able to speak with Natalie who said "I can see the install was complete but there must be a problem so you will need to talk with a technician".  She then transferred me to technical department in Pittsburgh. I spoke to a very nice lady in Pittsburgh who said "service was turned on from here but it appears that there is trouble on the line.  We're going to need to send someone out to check on it. There is nothing regarding adding a jack listed on the order so you will need to place another order to have a jack installed." I explained that there are medical implications for both of my parents so she indicated "I will note medical necessity on the order.  What's the best number for the tech to reach someone at to let you know what he will be there?"  So, I gave her my cell number and was then transferred to Acey in customer service. Acey first informed me that she was having problems and needed to refresh her system because she could not see the order. I was put on hold for several minutes and then she came back on the line and said "there is a credit check on the account.  You will need to speak with someone in the credit check department. When I asked why after 20 years and a zero-balance on our account we need to speak with someone in the credit department.  She responded with the most ridiculous statement "in order to transfer service to the new location the account holder will need to undergo a credit check.  I can see if they are still in."  Several minutes later Acey comes back on the line and tells me, "oh, I see that the order was cancelled on 9/7/2018".  My immediate response is "today is 9/7/2018. What do you an the order was cancelled. I spoke with someone in Pittsbugh who says the line was turned on from the Verizon offices but there is trouble on the line. You just told me I need to speak with someone about a credit check. Now, you're telling me the order was cancelled?"  "What happened to the order that the lady in Pittsburgh was looking at?"  Round and round and round. Finally asked to speak with a supervisor and here I am 24 minutes later on hold. Suddenly I hear "we're sorry, there is no answer this call is being disconnected"  

So so disappointed!

0 Likes
Re: So very disappointed!
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Lillysmom3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.