Spam phone call every 7 minutes for hours
11D_Universe1
Enthusiast - Level 3

We've been getting phone spam calls every 7 minutes for the past few hours.  The first 6 digits are the same as our home line, but the last four are random. - so it's different each time.    How do we make this stop????   It's making our phone unusable.

Note: It's a scam robocall that's telling me my Apple Cloud has been breached.   Norobo is activated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Spam phone call every 7 minutes for hours
jonjones1
Legend

If this were a cellular device, there are settings in iOS and Android to receive calls only from contacts. However I don’t use the verizon home phone junk but a separate VOIP service which has caller filtering. On one service the caller must physically touch a random number to have the call go through. (MagicJack) on the other service I have nomorerobo and a feature to either enter each spam that gets through or a blanket block similar to cellular of receive only from the contacts list. I get zero spam calls.

*(Voiply)is the second service. 

With both you can port your same number and like I said you then will have these spam blocking abilities. MJ is $40 with a free year of service, the Voiply is five times more expensive but works. Huge savings over verizon phone service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Spam phone call every 7 minutes for hours
jonjones1
Legend

If this were a cellular device, there are settings in iOS and Android to receive calls only from contacts. However I don’t use the verizon home phone junk but a separate VOIP service which has caller filtering. On one service the caller must physically touch a random number to have the call go through. (MagicJack) on the other service I have nomorerobo and a feature to either enter each spam that gets through or a blanket block similar to cellular of receive only from the contacts list. I get zero spam calls.

*(Voiply)is the second service. 

With both you can port your same number and like I said you then will have these spam blocking abilities. MJ is $40 with a free year of service, the Voiply is five times more expensive but works. Huge savings over verizon phone service.

0 Likes