Still no service since Hurricane Sandy for our small business
croakers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Greetings,

During Hurricane Sandy, trees fell on our phone lines on property belonging to the State of Delaware fish & wildlife agency.  The trees are still there and we have been without business phone service despite dozens of attempts to correct the issue.  Instead of repairing our lines, you have sent us to collections, damaging our credit, because we are not paying for service we are not receiving.

The service is at 88-100 Beach Avenue in Smyrna, Delaware.  I have several photographs that I have previously submitted.  I have called Verizon Service, stopped about 8 different Verizon trucks in the state pier parking lot, contacted my state senator and governor, the public service commission which referred me to the FCC, the FCC which referred me to the PSC, your verizon wireless facebook page, and anyone else I could think of with no results.

This failure to have service is affecting our reputation negatively.  Due to our location, cell service is not satisfactory.  We also want to have a public pay phone for life saving purposes.  There are incidents at least once a week where rescue must be called for boats capsizing or other issues.  The cell 911 signal sends us to New Jersey, then to a different county in Delaware, adding about 20 minutes to the rescue efforts.  At some point, someone will die due to lack of response, when a pay phone at our site would immediately connect them with the appropriate rescue service. 

We also cannot sign up for processing EBT payments or to become a fishing and hunting license agent without service, so your complete and utter lack of concern about one small business is causing us economic harm in many ways.

Two weeks ago I spoke publicly at the Delaware Blue Collar task force in Wilmington, which was heavily attended by the media, discussing how infrastructure issues like this are preventing our economy from recovering.  I was promised help at that time by several high ranking state officials but am still waiting for a response.

Is there anything you can do to remove a downed tree from our line and restore service lost in Hurricane Sandy?

Croaker's, LLC

Re: Still no service since Hurricane Sandy for our small business
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Croakers,

We haven't been able to obtain any information from you concerning the account and as such have closed your Private Support Case. If you still need assistance feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to assist you further.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
croakers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Due to the initial delay in getting a response, I did not hear back before leaving town for a week on business.  I still need to have this resolved.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

We have reopened your support case.  Please follow the instructions in my reply above to access your case and provide thenecessary information to the support agent working your case.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning croakers,

We still haven't received a response from you and we are going to be closing your support case. Please let us know if you need help accessing the private support thread.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes