Stopping my installation for now; but my phone service is out
ebclerfl131

4/12/2017

Verizon Forum for customer service

I requested to have my internet service upgraded from 100 to 150 mbps. I cleaned my room where my router is and part of the basement near the window in the basement. The Verizon repairman (Jesse) tried to install it, but because I needed to clear my area in my living room where the one of the cable plates are and old cables that were still on the wall from my old cable provider years ago, which I never removed. I didn’t know he needed to do this because of my installation in my room (I thought he wanted to install the new router in my room because I have a cable ready outlet and running from that is the cable to the router for the internet. Also, he checked my phone jack and unscrewed the plate off of the jack and he said “this is an older home” (my home was built in 1995) I think he checked to see if I had an Ethernet jack and put the plate back on. I decided to put off installation until I clean up and made a path in my living room and trash some of my old stuff. I take full responsibility for not having my areas cleaned for the repairman. I saw the video for pre-installation, but I wasn’t thinking very well on this, on this I’m sorry about. And I’ll be ready for the next one.

Now for the bad news: I went to check my phone and I have NO DIAL TONE. I don’t know if the repairman did anything (I didn’t see anything he did) or not; I had this happen in 2015 when I was away in Florida for almost 2 years and I had my home phone service on vacation since I was just using my cell phone. So I wrote on this forum and within a few days you all corrected the problem. First: I’m cancelling the service ticket number for the internet upgrade until I’m ready. Second: I need my landline phone service back because I have my security alarm on it. So, could you please look into this?

I would like to continue with the great service you provide and I will upgrade my internet service, but I need my landline phone service. Thanks for your cooperation.

Respectfully;

{edited for privacy}      

0 Likes
Re: Stopping my installation for now; but my phone service is out
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ebclerfl13,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, Fios TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
ebclerfl131

I'll try it; but I had help a few years ago and now I don't have my phone service. I may need to cancel my phone service if this is not resolved; {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
ebclerfl131

First; I want to apologize so very much for sending the note on thinking my phone service stopped working after the repairman came by and I had to cancel because of some more re-arrangements in my house to make room for the repairman; I found out that Verizon tech support suspends landline phone service a few hours before the installation so the repairman can make the installation. Kudos to Ramone (customer service man) for explaining that to me. And again, I'm sorry; I'll let your customer support/tech support know (Thanks Lawerance for explaining and sorry) before I ask for another install. {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ebclerfl13,

No apologies necessary; glad you were able to get this resolved.

0 Likes