Technicians Not Showing Up For Appointments!!! Being Treated Like Garbage By Verizon
IreneH121

We have never been treated like garbage by a company in the way that Verizon has treated us like garbage over the past 2 weeks. We moved and scheduled an appointment for a technician to set up the the phone line. I won't even talk about the nonsense and number of calls it took to get Verizon to recognize our building address. We were actually told that we should find another provider because they don't service our address. That was of course wrong - the Verizon reps just didn't know what they were talking about. Anyway, appointment scheduled for 2/1/2013. A week and a half later and we've gone through 5 appointments. The first 3 - no technician ever showed up. No call, no explanation, nothing, barely an apology when we called Verizon. On the day of the 4th appointment, we got a supervisor to call dispatch during the day and our technician arrived. Of course, though, he arrived unprepared and couldn't finish the work. Swore he would be back the next day, asks for our availability and everything. Next day - no show. We called Verizon midday and were told that the appointment is there and we should expect somebody by 5 (you know, the Verizon "party line"), completely ignoring the fact that we'd been told that a number of times already. Nobody ever came. We weren't given another appointment for 4 days. So, the last failed appointment was 2/7/2013 and our new appointment is today, 2/13/2013. Mind you, this line is tagged as having medical needs because my father has heart/liver/kidney disease and my mother and I need to be able to reach him during the day. Between all the calls we've made, we've probably spend over 20 hours on hold now, we've been told numerous times that we'd get a call back (we never do) and we've had people's time wasted by having them wait at the house for a technician. At one point we even had a supervisor give us his name/ID number so we could call him back. We confirmed it 3 times with him. When we called back we were told that they couldn't find anybody with that ID/name - he either lied or that rep did. My mother even broke down in tears after the last missed appointment - she's stressed because she can't reach my father from work during the day now and she just can't take this anymore. After another hour of hold times, a supervisor just allowed me to talk to dispatch directly and they swear a technician will be there today around 2pm-3pm.

I just can't believe that I'm being treated like such crap by Verizon. Of course, they run a monopoly so I can't even switch to another landline provider.

0 Likes
Re: Technicians Not Showing Up For Appointments!!! Being Treated Like Garbage By Verizon
IreneH121

Nearing 2pm. Still haven't heard squat. Guaranty you nobody is coming - AGAIN!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Technicians Not Showing Up For Appointments!!! Being Treated Like Garbage By Verizon
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Have you tried chat Support or calling
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
When you talk to them again make sure to punctuate that you have a medical dispatch and are waiting for the technician and if they can call and find out how much longer
0 Likes
nightowl48
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well here it is 9:00 PM and the Verizon tech has not shown up to upgrade out DVR box! How can a company treat customers with such disrespect and still be in business? This is the not the first time (or I'm sure not the last) that this has happened. You are given a window of time and maybe if you are lucky someone will actually appear. This practice needs to stop. There must be some protection for the consumer. I am going to contact the Attorney General's office in the AM and report Verizon. Does Verizon really thing that the customer is ignorant and will continue to put up with this nonsense?

I would say that there is > than a 50% chance that the tech will not show up at the appropriate time frame. 

If we ran a company and did this we would number one have no customers and two, would be out of business. What gives Verizon the right to behave in such an unprofessional way?

I contacted Verizon via chat and chatted with a rep. They said that the tech was still out on a previous call and would still arrive for service tonight.  I reiterated that it was 8:51 PM, then they said the tech would not arrive tonight but first thing in AM.

I am so frustrated with this company. We as the customer need to have protection from companies like this that do not show respect or threat their customers with dignity! 

if any other customer has any ideas on how we proceed with this please reply to this response.

Am currently looking into other cable providers in my town or Dish/Direct TV option.

I truly hope that Verizon reads our messages and starts treating us, with the respect and dignity we all deserve. They need to realize we pay their bills and keep their company afloat by being subscribers. Verizon is not the boss of us!!!!!!!!