This is the crappiest website I've ever had the misfortune of having to deal with.
ChrisPf
Enthusiast - Level 1

I shouldn't even bother posting my question because I've lost all hope that I'll get an answer. But here goes anyway:

My verizon voicemail gives me a stuttered dial tone even when there are no new messages. How do I reset it?

0 Likes
Re: This is the crappiest website I've ever had the misfortune of having to deal with.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Message Waiting Indicator | Phone | Residential Support | Verizon

www22.verizon.com/support/residential/.../128358.htm
Sign-in help ... Occasionally, the message waiting indicator may be out of sync with your mailbox. In that case, the indicator light or tone is ON but there are no messages waiting, or the indicator light or tone is OFF when there are new ...

It is hard to find this stuff, but I found this that gives you directions.

Give it a shot and let us know.

Message Waiting IndicatorYour phone's message waiting indicator is either a light or special tone that alerts you when you have voice mail.

Occasionally, the message waiting indicator may be out of sync with your mailbox. In that case, the indicator light or tone is ON but there are no messages waiting, or the indicator light or tone is OFF when there are new messages waiting. 

To get the message indicator back in sync 

1. Save or delete all new messages

1. Hang up.

1. If the message indicator does not go out or stop within a few minutes, there may be a problem, and you should contact Verizon.

1. If the message indicator does go out or stop, call your own number and leave a message

1. Hang up and wait

1. If the indicator light or tone does not come on within a few minutes, there may be a problem, and you should contact Verizon.

Instructions for FiOS Digital Voice Calling Features

Re: This is the crappiest website I've ever had the misfortune of having to deal with.
ChrisPf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply. What I had to do was delete all my messages (new and saved), then call in and leave a message, then delete that message.

Now, why can't I access my voicemail via this website? And why can't I look up my call records here, too? Like I can with Vonnage for $25 a month. Why not put this website to to good use?

0 Likes