Tired of paying for landline that I do not use
KGSL

Yesterday online, I had the option for Double Play to renew my service. Then it disappeared.  Apparently that's only for new customers.   So to only pay for what I use (cable & internet), you want to raise my bill by $40 to $159.  How is it that Brighthouse can give me something you can't? You sell yourselves as being the top in your field but I have to pay $60 more to Verizon for what I can get at Brighthouse for under $100.  Does that sound like a way to keep customers? I have called the retention dept and nobody cares. Triple Play, Triple Play, Triple Play is all they hawk. Even though, I don't have a home phone anymore.  I should continue to pay for this service.  And nobody seems to care that I may cancel my service. I guess 1 less customer is no big deal for Verizon.  Why is it that I can't pay a reasonable price for the services that I use? I have 19 days left on my contract and then it's good-bye.

0 Likes
Re: Tired of paying for landline that I do not use
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Believe it or not it is usually cheaper to have a triple play than a double play. The price Brighthouse is offering is for a new customer which will go up when your contract is over. Verizon can not match that price. They gave you their new customer price when you first signed up, now they are going to charge you the full price for service.

0 Likes
Re: Tired of paying for landline that I do not use
KGSL

It makes no sense that Triple Play (pay for something you don't use) is cheaper than a Double Play - only pay for services that I want.  I know they quoted me cheaper on Triple Play vs Double Play but it's insane. I don't have a home phone. Why pay for it?

0 Likes