To: copihope, re: rural parents with no service
hardyvaguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unable to reply directly to your post, for some reason no Reply control available to me on that post in both Firefox and IE8.

I suggest you get the local media involved.  If the local Verizon folks at a managerial level see something like this on the local news and the reporters start calling them, amazing how quickly they can get it taken care of.

Re: To: copied, re: rural parents with no service
copeihope
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you , that's the next step. I've tried everything I can think of including a fax to Lowell McAdam CEO, not that someone making millions will even care about 80 year old farmers with no phone and nobody to hear their plea. .

0 Likes
Re: To: copihope, re: rural parents with no service_UPDATE on the 3 weeks no service
copeihope
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well Monday Verizon told my father they were taking him off the "group outage" list and put him on what my dad told me was "special health care needs" .which moves him up as a priority. He told the lady , I was on that list you took me off and put me on the group outage list!  Verizon's reply "well we are putting you back on the list, and someone will be out there Tuesday , if not Tuesday, Wednesday" Result - you guessed it, NO SHOW!  

Makes us wonder, if this was a true group outage, and it's been going on for 3 weeks,, wouldn't more people be out on these forumns complaining? Wouldn't there be a big effort to get everyone up and running? So far out of all the neighbors on the road, it's my parents and one neighbor a mile away. Anyone care to guess  if this group outage thing was real in the first place ?

0 Likes
Re: To: copihope, re: rural parents with no service_UPDATE on the 3 weeks no service
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Did you fill out the form in your private support case?  Anthony_VZ is attempting to assist you in this matter.  

@copeihope wrote:

Well Monday Verizon told my father they were taking him off the "group outage" list and put him on what my dad told me was "special health care needs" .which moves him up as a priority. He told the lady , I was on that list you took me off and put me on the group outage list!  Verizon's reply "well we are putting you back on the list, and someone will be out there Tuesday , if not Tuesday, Wednesday" Result - you guessed it, NO SHOW!  

Makes us wonder, if this was a true group outage, and it's been going on for 3 weeks,, wouldn't more people be out on these forumns complaining? Wouldn't there be a big effort to get everyone up and running? So far out of all the neighbors on the road, it's my parents and one neighbor a mile away. Anyone care to guess  if this group outage thing was real in the first place ?

copeihope
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't realize there was a form to fill out, after I saw you post I figured out where to go to do it and did it right away( by the way it's not the easiest to find where the private messages are). Tha't beside the point. Today after 2 weeks and 2 days, my parents have phone service. A Verizon tech drove up their lane to tell them the line was fixed, the issue....

The Verizon utility box located on another road, had mice and a nest in it, and chewed wires. Why they called it a group outage, why it took 23 days, and why it wasn't a priorty due to health concerns, and why he got the orders to fix today he has no idea. But the truth we won't know, but I liked to say Thank You, deep down I have to believe it  was the forumn got us to a place we could get help. Bottom line without this forum customers like my parents have no way to go about getting help , just imagine if it was this hard for them , imagine the others out there. Please keep helping.

0 Likes