Unavailable Out of Area Calls
epf13
It is absolutely annoying & frustrating to receive calls that are unavailable. No phone number comes up on caller id & Anonymous Call Rejection doesn't block these calls. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS!! I've received several of these calls the past few days & when I contacted Verizon support I was told nothing could be done! WHAT?! I pay for a phone service & I'm harassed by these calls & my provider has no resolution!!!!!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unavailable Out of Area Calls
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

sign in my ac, you will see call features, do youself

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, this is due to the way the telephone system was designed some 40 years ago.  Fixing it now would take a commitment of people and money that no company is willing to make, as it has essentially zero return on investment.  While the break of of Ma Bell brought us much lower cost telephone service, it also created lingering issues such as this as there is no one authority that can make these changes.

If you have FiOS, you may find nomorobo.com helpful.

Good Luck.

epf13
What are you talking about? I can't do it myself.
0 Likes
epf13
Thanks for the nomorobo suggestion. Will look into that.
0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@epf13 wrote:
What are you talking about? I can't do it myself.

Exactly.  This must be fixed in the telephone system itself.  It will cost lots of money and take lots of smart people to essentially re-engineer the telephone system.  In today's world, that isn't going to happen as no company (Verizon or other telcos) wants to spend money on something that does not generate revenue.

Note that nomorobo.com only works with telephone service that has the simultaneous ring feature.  FiOS has this feature.  Traditional Verizon phone service does not.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@epf13 wrote:
It is absolutely annoying & frustrating to receive calls that are unavailable. No phone number comes up on caller id & Anonymous Call Rejection doesn't block these calls. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS!! I've received several of these calls the past few days & when I contacted Verizon support I was told nothing could be done! WHAT?! I pay for a phone service & I'm harassed by these calls & my provider has no resolution!!!!!

The Caller ID information is being spoofed by these callers -- an illegal act.  There's not much Verizon can do about callers that are acting illegally.

0 Likes
Scott_r1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried nomorobo, and it didn't block *any* of the "Out of area" robocalls.

0 Likes