Unhappy New Customer
HannahCMW
I am writing to indicate that I have been extremely dissatisfied with my experience as a new Verizon customer. My service ready date for home phone and internet was supposed to be 8/30, but because of a problem with the phone line neither product was working on that date. A support ticket was created on 8/31, and I was told that because of the holiday weekend my issue would be resolved on 9/3 by 7pm, which seemed reasonable. 

The line was not repaired on 9/3, and I received no notification of this or indication of why it had not been done. I followed up by phone myself having received nothing from Verizon, and was told that my line will not be repaired until 9/9, even though it will be done at the central office and does not require a technician visit to my home. 

Verizon began billing me for this service on 8/30. My service has never worked, and I was told that I will have to spend more of my own time following up with billing to try to get my account credited for the delay.

Bill aside, I assume it goes without saying that it is an extreme inconvenience to be without home internet service, and it is becoming an inconvenience for my employer as well that I am unable to receive work-related e-mail communication at home. 

I was given no real explanation for why I now have to tolerate this inconvenience for nearly an additional week from now, after already waiting several days beyond the service ready date, assuming it is actually done on 9/9 and not further delayed.

Since signing up for services, I have gotten the strong impression that Verizon does not value my business, or my time. I am increasingly losing confidence that Verizon has the ability or willingness to meet my internet and home phone service needs.

My frustration level right now is very high. If this issue cannot be resolved promptly, I will be canceling service and switching providers.
0 Likes
I think Verizon Fios is turning into Comcast
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
Moved for greater exposure
0 Likes
Re: Unhappy New Customer
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Hannah,

That's great the tech was able to get the phone and internet are working again. Glad to hear it. Please feel free to make a new public post should you ever need help with anything again.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
VeniVidiVici1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please RUN if you can. These folks are absolutely outrageous. They can't sustain the growth and consumers will ultimately pay the price. Right now I'm fighting them for charges in excess of $9/min for international calls which i made from my home phone/landline. Can anyone name another company charging its customer ungodly rates such as verizon? International cellular rates are under $3/min!

0 Likes