Unpublished number
KF55

I have an unpublished number. But, I just went to nuwber.com and put in my name and my number popped up. So, I’m wasting $4.95 each month. Verizon says it won’t be listed in the telephone directory and you can’t get it by calling 411. Big deal! You can get it easily from other sources. I’m going to my account now and cancelling this useless feature.

0 Likes
Re: Unpublished number
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

I yeah, I definitely understand where you are coming from on this.

I personally feel that the unpublished number service is a little outdated, however it does do what is says it will do.

The issue is that sites like the one you spoke of, they don't only rely on directories, they will utilize public records from many sources in order to build a profile on their site.

It includes but is not limited to court records, driving records, arrests, social media,  etc.

0 Likes
Magg901
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are apparently getting off cheap!  

My elderly father had had a non-published number for years and it was nine dollars a month until I called Verizon and told them what they could do with their &^%$ non-published number fee!  I don't know if they actually did what I suggested.

Carol Burnett had a skit in a supermarket where she charged customers 50 cents for NOT buying lettuce, 85 cents for no bananas, and so on.  For forty years people have hated Verizon (and their monopolistic predecessor) for charging for NOT doing something.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not only do that get numbers from different places, but they often get incorrect information as well.  E.g. I recently did a general Google on my Cell Phone (which is listed).  Not only did it fail to show me on any site I looked at, it showed three different people as having that number.  I was wondering why I got repeated calls for a couple names.  I have had that cell number for about 25 years.  Only direct look in the Phone Book for my carrier by my name showed the number as mine.

0 Likes