VCA - not very reliable
johnnyd3

recent FIOS phone convert.  NOT impressed with Verizon Call Assistant.  Client doesn't update voicemail count.  Online won't play messages - VCA player not installed?!?!  **bleep**?

0 Likes
Re: VCA - not very reliable
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hello Johnnyd3...not cool that our VCA is causing you grief. My apologies. I do suggest that you uninstall the client and then reinstall. That should correct those issues. If that doesn't correct the issue please call 866 697-0853 and speak with VCA tech support. Thanks you for reaching out to us!

0 Likes
Re: VCA - not very reliable
jlholloway82

Yea, I am having the exact same issue.  I tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, doesn't work.  I am tired of calling VZ support too.  Last time I called so that I could have my wireless notification set up so that when I received voice mails on my home phone I would receive a "free text message" on my cell phone.  That was over a month ago and still hasn't been installed.  Also, most of your technicians don't even know about this feature, I spend the first 30 minutes proving to them that it is real.  It is in black and white in your USER GUIDE for HOME VOICE MAIL.  You guys have a lot of cool toys but some of them aren't working properly and they are proving to be extremely frustrating.  

0 Likes
Re: VCA - not very reliable - nor are email alerts
blegs38552
Contributor - Level 1

Speaking of cool toys, the email notification of calls received is giving me problems. Even though I turned off email alerts in My Verizon, and the box for Calls Received is unchecked, I keep getting emails for each received call. I emailed Verizon - let's see what happens.

Changed my email address to a 10 minute email address and verified it. Let's see it that stops these.

0 Likes