VZ cancels repair ticket without fixing
tonylazar

We have a downed cable at the street, ergo no phone service. 86-year old woman living alone in the house, limited mobility, heart condition, no other phone. Set up a repair ticket, was told tech would arrive this morning. VZ then cancelled the ticket, because their fault code said the problem was at VZ center, but VZ center checked out ok. So Verizon repair just cancelled the ticket? Without checking end-to-end service? Just because the fault code said so? Not good, Verizon. Not good.

0 Likes
Re: VZ cancels repair ticket without fixing
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tonylazar,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Part 2: VZ cancels repair ticket without fixing
tonylazar

There's a cable laying in my yard, and Verizon repair is like a 5-year old who does the absolute minimum when told to clean up his room… No Verizon service to the house, 86 year old woman living alone with health issues. Told Verizon this on Friday, set up a repair order. VZ repair cancels the order with no explanation – they just didn’t look deeper than the code from their center. Called again Saturday, spent an hour on the phone, set up a new work order. Posted here, VZ agent Frank says he can help, asks for work order number. Answer? “Oh, this trouble ticket is still open.” No kidding – I just spent an hour with VZ re-opening it! And you didn’t bother to look deeper? So why did VZ repair cancel the ORIGINAL trouble ticket? At Noon Sunday I get a helpful voice message: “You have a cable laying in your yard”. No kidding! Really? I have a Verizon cable laying in my yard? Who’da known? It’s now two days later and someone finally figured out that I have a cable laying in my yard and we have no service, which is what I told them on Friday. We’ll see if Comcast can do better. I have them scheduled to replace Verizon next weekend.

Original post: We have a downed cable at the street, ergo no phone service. 86-year old woman living alone in the house, limited mobility, heart condition, no other phone. Set up a repair ticket, was told tech would arrive this morning. VZ then cancelled the ticket, because their fault code said the problem was at VZ center, but VZ center checked out ok. So Verizon repair just cancelled the ticket? Without checking end-to-end service? Just because the fault code said so? Not good, Verizon. Not good.

0 Likes