Verizon Bugs adding Overage Charges to Phone Bill
gc118
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last month, I noticed an overage charge of around $40 on my bill due to me going over my World Plan minutes apparently. That seemed odd to me and I checked online and I had in fact not done so. I called in to Verizon and after review, the tech admitted that it appears that this was due to a bug in the system and gave me a credit. I asked why this occurred and she stated that it was simply a bug and to not worry, that it won't happen again.

Come this month...and same scenerio. $36 this time. I call in and the first tech tells me they will transfer me to troubleshooting, but then the line just disconnects. I call in again and this billing tech simply says that it was a bug and gives me another credit. She then proceeds to begin to try and sell me faster internet speed and Verizon's latest router. I ask why this is occuring and that I was told last month that it wouldn't happen again, and she transfers me to Tech Support. When Tech Support picks up, they say it is a billing issue and transfer me back. The tech in the billing department picks up, says "Hello? Hello?" twice quickly and hangs up.

Ridiculous that these charges are being added and if I didn't look it over, it would not have been fixed. The customer support on top of it is even more ridiculous.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Bugs adding Overage Charges to Phone Bill
gc118
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would recommend that everybody double check their bills based on my experience.

And if the same bug affects you, be prepared for the worst customer service to address it.

0 Likes