Verizon Call Assistant (web and home software) does not work
cyraxote3
Enthusiast - Level 2

How come COMCAST can get this right, and Verizon, the FREAKING PHONE COMPANY, can't?

Ever since the merge of the usernames, etc., nothing is working as it should. I no longer get e-mails when a voice mail is left for me. I can log into the web VCA, but it never can show me any calls or voice mails, and tells me to "try again later." The downloaded software won't let me log in; it says that the username and password (the same ones that work to log me into the web VCA) are wrong.

I'm so frustrated that I'm really considering going back to Comcast. For the amount of money Verizon charges, the service should be TWICE as good, and it's not even HALF as good.

Any insight would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Call Assistant (web and home software) does not work
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
cyraxote,

We are sorry that you are having a problem with this feature.   We have sent you a Private Message.

Thanks,

Tonya C.
0 Likes
cyraxote3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have filled out the form as requested.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We did receive the form submission and will be in contact soon.

0 Likes
rcl333

I have had a similar issue since the merging of user names, VCA just doesn't work anymore. In fact, as of just recently when I renewed my package, I stopped receiving the emails and my call log is frozen.

0 Likes
baci2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also been trying to get Call Assistant to work.  I have called Verizon most of the employees have never heard of the feature--after 1 month and 20 phone calls it is still not working--I just cannot understand the problem?

0 Likes
Bigpaulie

I just had to switch back from FIOS Digital Voice to Freedom Essentials, and they cannot get VCA to work.  I have submitted two orders, and they both were marked completed, though I never received an email confirmartion stating that it was completed.  VCA still does not work.  It worked prior to switching to FDV.  I now have a repair request open to get this resolved.  I am expecting to see a monthly credit on my bill until this is fixed.  Verizon support is useless here.  So frustrating and it seems like they just don't care. 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

See if this VCA support number is still valid.

1-888-483-5156

0 Likes
tropicalgal
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Bigpaulie,  It took me over 2 months persistantly reporting the VCA didn't work would not play voice mails on PC.

Finially this was resolved for me, after running me around the barn ! UNREAL !    Although I had not switched to Digital

Voice and back again to Freedom Essentials VCA.    No matter...  you having VCA now should be made to work.

0 Likes
tropicalgal
Contributor - Level 1

Bigpaulie this may shed some light on your VCA no longer working...

on   VCA it's posted    Note This service is no longer available to new customers. If you currently subscribe to this service, you will continue to receive the service, but you will not be permitted to re-subscribe to it if you remove it or transfer it to another customer at your current location or to a new location.

As you switched to Digital Voice and back again to Freedom Essentials now your just as a new customer  no longer allowing you the VCA ?   If a Verizon employee here could confirm this ?    As far as you having VCA before and now you can't  it is just plain wrong from Verizon!  and for the life of me do not understand WHY they then  continue to advertise it !    

0 Likes