Verizon Completely Botched My Mom's Landline Move -- Need Help/Advice/Good Lawyer ASAP
MarkinVA

FIrst of all, I realize this is totally my fault because I naively believed that Verizon would get this right.  I also naively believed that Verizon cares about traditional copper-wire phone customers as much as big-dollar broadband customers.

OK -- Here's what I tried to do:

Background:  My dad and mom were both in a nursing home.  My dad died earlier this month and my mom is still there.  For about the last year, they thought they would move back into their house.  So, I kept their home phone active, set up a new Verizon number in their nursing home room, and set up call forwarding from their house phone to their nursing home phone.

Since we are selling the house, I called Verizon last Sunday and told them that I wanted to transfer the location of their home phone to their nursing home and to disconnect the nursing home number.  Since their house and nursing home are in the same area, one would think that this would have been easy.

I discussed this at length with "Mike" on Sunday.  We worked out the following plan:

1. Disconnect the home phone on Monday.

2. Disconnect the nursing home phone on Tuesday

3. Reconnect the home phone at the nursing home on Tuesday (or Wednesday at the latest).

Mike, for some reason, didn't have the authority to make the transfer and said that someone would call me back on Monday.  I was surprised when he did call me back on Monday afternoon.  He transferred me to someone who did have the authority to set up the work order.  Of course, nothing Mike had set up with me got electronically transferred to the new guy, so I had to go through the entire plan again.  We hung up after about 20 minutes and I crossed my fingers.

On Thursday at 1:00 pm, the only thing that has happened is #1.  I can't trace what happened or didn't happen because I never got an email with work order numbers.  On their home number account page, it lists my email address as "requiring verification."  But, I never received an email to replay to as verification.

So, I have no idea how badly you guys botched this simple transfer of a phone number, let alone begin to try to fix "my problem."

I look forward to hearing from you.

I have left off details about the phone numbers because I don't see an "https".

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Completely Botched My Mom's Landline Move -- Need Help/Advice/Good Lawyer ASAP
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MarkinVA,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Completely Botched My Mom's Landline Move -- Need Help/Advice/Good Lawyer ASAP
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MarkinVA,

We were able to resolve your issue. Thank you for your continued patience as we worked through this problem for you. Please let us know if you have any comments, questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes