Verizon Distinctive Ring Not the Same as Optimum VIP Ringing
Feature

I just switched to Verizon from Optimum, but I am very aggravated because Optimum had a feature which they call VIP ringing which means I go to my account online and enter has many phone numbers from let’s say of family and when they call it will be a different ring then regular caller. It was so helpful because many it was hard for me to get up and go the phone and see who called, but when a child called, I would always get up to answer the phone. I hope Verizon will soon implement this feature otherwise I will have to switch back to Optimum. Verizon has something which they call Distinctive ring, but it is not the same. also, for that feature you must get a Virtual number which cost extra. I hope Verizon see this message.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Distinctive Ring Not the Same as Optimum VIP Ringing
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

VIP ring tone can be done on the phone base if the model contains that feature. Setting the VIP ring tone on your phone base would allow distinctive ring tones of your choice no matter which landline provider you choose. Also, Verizon has begun to implement Robocall/spam filtering at the telephone exchange level, so as time passes on, fewer and fewer calls would be spam or Robocall.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Distinctive Ring Not the Same as Optimum VIP Ringing
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

VIP ring tone can be done on the phone base if the model contains that feature. Setting the VIP ring tone on your phone base would allow distinctive ring tones of your choice no matter which landline provider you choose. Also, Verizon has begun to implement Robocall/spam filtering at the telephone exchange level, so as time passes on, fewer and fewer calls would be spam or Robocall.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes