Verizon can't move my lifeline landlines/ internet,but sell me the double charge FIOS?!
arslan920

I live in New York City and moving to new place where is only 5 min walking distance from my current address within the same zip code, same neighborhood. I currently have old copper landline and  high speed internet enhanced service (I don't have any FIOS). When I requested to move my full bundle to new address, the Verizon rep told me the new address do not have old copper landline or high speed internet, then she told me my the ONLY option to stay with Verizon is to get a FIOS, which charge double than my current service.

I would like to ask how come for the same old neighborhood with all houses built at the same period (70 years old houses), while all other residents still have Verizon copper landlines, only my new address will NOT have the landline and high speed service, but the expensive FIOS? How can I move with my same Verizon services? Does Verizon violates the city regulation to provide basic and affordable life saving service to all residents in NYC? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon can't move my lifeline landlines/ internet,but sell me the double charge FIOS?!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are talking peer to peer.

Lifeline services are available even on FIOS.  No idea what they cost.

Verizon is doing its best to retire DSL and Copper wiring. Pretty much will not offer them on most new service.  And certainly in a building already wired for FIOS they will not consider going back to old wiring.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon can't move my lifeline landlines/ internet,but sell me the double charge FIOS?!
WLL

It's true that Verizon is pretty much pushing everyone to FIOS digital phone instead of the landline options.  It probably cost too much to maintain.  My building just got FIOS and they are pushing everyone to FIOS phone and not even offering landline.  Even though their website says that they can offer bundles with a choice of Verizon Freedom Essentials OR FIOS digital voice, when you try to order the bundle with the Verizon Freedom Essentials they say it's not available, and that  I can only choose FIOS digital voice.  Here is my concern: even though they promise the FIOS digital voice comes with a back-up battery that will work in the event of a power outage, I've been told via various reps that the battery pack lasts from 8 hours, others say 16 hours.  Not even they know how long that battery pack will last.  What good will that do when the power will be out for days?  With the landline, when the power was out for 5+ days last year, my landline was my lifeline when everything else didn't work.

It's all about Verizon saving money and offering inferior products, and then passing the cost onto customers.

Will the FCC do something about this please???

0 Likes